Saturday, September 29, 2012

Product Rave: Benefit's 'They're Real' Mascara

I've been a fan of Benefit products for some time now and it isn't just because they have the most adorably packaging. Before 'They're Real', I was using BADgal, also by Benefit. That was working fine for me, but I felt that I wanted something more dramatic.

'They're Real' boasts length, volume, and lift. I agree that it does give length and volume but I'm not sure about the lift. Then again, no mascara in the world can give my lashes any lift, haha. 

What I really like about this mascara that it has a dry consistency, which works well for asian lashes. It does hold the curl for some time, but I'd say that if you want it to last all day, always apply a base beforehand. The synthetic wand gives a really precise and consistent application. The custom-domed tip is supposed to be for applying product onto your corner lashes, but I find that all the product collects on the tip so it applies too thick.




I usually apply 1 coat on a normal day but 2 coats looks great as well. It can get clumpy, but you'd really have to go crazy with the application for that to happen. 

Here are some before/after photos (with curled lashes)



£18.50 from Boots or buy from the Benefit site

No comments:

Post a Comment