Thursday, March 15, 2012

DIY Studding

Relating back to my post from a few days ago - my studs finally came in the mail! I got these from a great site called Studs and Punks.

The quality of the studs are good; quite heavy duty and should last a long time. As they should be because they are a bit pricey for just a pack of ten. But they seem reusable and are nickel so they shouldn't rust.

My inspiration mainly comes from Alexa Chung's look.

I know my studs are very different because I purchased different studs but I liked how simple yet edgy her shirt is. I knew I wanted to stud a lighter colour shirt because black would make it too punk-y (even though there's nothing wrong with that). I got this top from H&M for around 7 quid.

I first placed the studs on the area where I think it should go. Knowing that they may droop a little - depending on the material of the shirt. I would not recommend silk or anything thin for these studs. I used a pencil and dotted the places where I wanted to place them. I like them a bit spaced out.

I just used my normal scissors to punch out the holes - just big enough for the screw-side to poke through. They should have a tight fit. Then I just screwed them in! (this part was a bit difficult as they were a bit tight) It's that simple :)

BEFORE:

AFTER:


No comments:

Post a Comment