Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Review: Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF 20


I got this foundation around Christmastime and I've been using almost everyday since.

Let's just start off and say that it wasn't exactly what I was expecting but it is a great foundation overall.

So I chose the Lasting Silk over the Luminous Silk because it has SPF. Also, the Luminous Silk is supposed to have a very dewy finish, which I don't particularly like.

The texture is very blendable and a bit thicker than I expected. A little bit of this goes a long way - one pump is enough to cover my face. I find that it's best when applied with my hands in light dabbing motions.

What I couldn't really get used to was that it takes a bit of time to melt into the skin and oxidize to the right shade. I recommend putting on your foundation, doing your eye makeup, and then powdering - it will look a lot better by then. I use MAC Mineralised Skinfinish Natural in Light.

The finish is dewy/satin. Coverage is definitely medium and easy to build to full.

I quite like this for my dry/combination skin - but not the most hydrating foundation I've used. I don't know how it would fare on oily skin types but I imagine it should be fine.

I've mixed this foundation - because I found it too heavy at first - with a bit of my Chanel Vitalumiere Acqua and quite liked the results. If you decide to get this, try experimenting with mixing in lighter foundations/tinted moisturisers or just a moisturiser and see how it feels.

Also, I'm in the colour 4 (around MAC NC20)

BEFORE


As you can see, I have some hyper-pigmentation. The foundation does a good job at covering that up if you layer it over a few times . I sometimes skip on concealer and apply thin layers. I even use it to cover dark circles on days where I've had enough sleep.

AFTER


This is just using the LS foundation - no concealer but topped with MAC MSF natural.

The colour isn't perfect for me. I should have probably gone with a deeper shade but it's fine when I mix this with another foundation. It's also a bit cool for me as I have warmer/yellow undertones.

Verdit: A -

PROS:
  • Easy to blend/buildable
  • Nice coverage/does last all day
  • Gives a flawless look
CONS:
  • Need to be careful not to apply too much as it can look cakey
  • SPF gives a bit of a white cast at first
  • Expensive (£34.00 on the Armani website)

No comments:

Post a Comment