Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Haircare Routine & Tips

Hey guys! Here are some of my haircare tips and the products I use, even though it's pretty standard.

Just a bit of background for my hair. I have normal hair, not to oily, not too dry. Although during the winter it can get a bit dry. As you can see, I have quite long hair (it's still wet in the photo) - I've been growing it out for a about 3 years now. Before that, I had a bob so it's been a long time coming! In the past, I've bleached, permed, and straightened the crap out of my hair so I would say it was quite damaged. Some highlights are still visible but I've decided to leave it alone for a while - and it's made a world of difference. So...

Tip no. 1: If you want nice hair, leave it as is. And most of the time, you look best when your hair is in its natural state anyways! (even though maintenance is of course necessary)

I don't any particular type of shampoo or conditioner, which relates to the next tip...

Tip no. 2: Switch up your shampoo and conditioner as often as possible as to avoid product build up. I usually keep 2 sets of shampoo/conditioner in my shower so I can switch it up frequently. I usually use one set one week and another set the next.

Also...

Tip no. 3: If you like using really luxurious shampoos/conditioners (i.e. ones for damaged hair) then the build up can really weight down your hair. I like to submerge my hair completely on days when I take baths bath and then rinse. This way, all the product is sure to come out.

I used to use hair masks regularly but I've kind of been too lazy to do so recently. But I do find it helpful to...

Tip no. 4: Once you've washed your hair, condition your hair and leave it in until you've done other shower-y things (wash face, body, shave, etc...)

So once you're done washing...

Tip no. 4: Let your hair air dry (but don't fall asleep with wet hair as it can cause dandruff) Unnecessary heat is always no good.

Tip no. 5: When I sleep, I like to flip my hair back, so I'm not sleeping on it, but I also find it makes it gets greasy a bit slower. I wash my hair every other day.

So here are some products I use when my hair is drying:

The products on the left is the V05 Miracle Concentrate and I use this every time after I've washed my hair. It's basically argan oil and an affordable alternative to moroccan oil (around £5 at Boots). I only use one pump and really concentrate it on my roots.

The one on the right is the Aussie Miracle Hair insurance. This is a conditioning spray and I use it on days when I feel like I really need more moisture or on the occasion I do blow-dry my hair

Well I guess that's it! I'm still working on having really nice, untangley hair but it's been a work in progress. Do you have any hair tips or hair products that you love?

3 comments:

  1. I really want to grow my hair longer so I need to start taking better care of my hair, you have some great tips here :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i have that aussie hair insurance too! its good but i feel like i have to completely douse my hair in it!
    nice blog btw :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much! it really means a lot :) xx

    ReplyDelete