Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tracey Emin: Those Who Suffer Love


"Using experiences from her own live, Travey Emin often reveals painful situations with brutal honestly and poetic humour. The person expands to the universal in the way Emin takes a feeling about her life and forms it into a genuine expression of human emotion." - The Saatchi Gallery

I just wanted to take a few minutes to share one of my favourite modern artists - Tracey Emin. She's a part of a group called the Young British Artists (YBAs) and already renowned in the London art scene; her work is quite eclectic, ranging from photography to installations. I first found out about her in an article about how Charles Saatchi bought her 'My Bed' for his gallery (it was originally exhibited in the Tate). Not everything she does is to my taste, maybe it's the shock value behind them, but I am a big fan of her neon installations. Hope some of this inspires you! 



"My Bed"

"Sleep"


"Sad Shower"


"I've Got it All"


"Untitled"


"Untitled"



No comments:

Post a Comment